8.3.05

Sorry, please try again later

I subscribed to India Today few weeks ago, online. After the checking out was done, the last page flashed a Temporary Subscription Id. I didn't care to note it down 'cause I was sure IT would have sent it with the email Confirmation. For the next 6 weeks I regretted not putting the number down on a piece of paper. No, I had no number in the email and worse, repeated emails (4) to the Subscription Department remained one-sided.

When I received my first copy in the mail, the first thing I wanted to try was jump to the Browser to access the exclusive material at their website. After trying out every single option (combination), I gave up ramming at the doors. So, I decide to do the logical thing next. I call up the India Today office in New York:

me: Hi, I'm trying to access your website, but it keeps turning my down. How do I login?
Him: Oh. I'm sorry Sir, it happens when we have high traffic. Please try again later.
me: So, my Subscription #xxxxx is right?
Him: Yes Sir, it should be right, it's just the Traffic.

It's time for "India's widely read Magazine" to get a wider Bandwidth and a better Web Server.

No comments: