11.3.05

Lakshmipathy Ensoi...

No, it’s not about Balaji. I know he's having the time of his life, but I know of someone else who's having a ball - ME. It's about that famous VKR liner. Reminds me, I actually saw that scene where Janagaraj goes "En Pondati Orrukku Poita..." (Agni Nakshathiram) being shot outside our school. Unfortunately, the name Mani Ratnam or P C Sreeram wouldn't have rung a bell to me (in the 80's) during that lunch break in Adyar. BTW, it took close to 10 takes for those guys to OK Janagaraj as he literally ran around the tree.

Back to my story, I've three weeks to make the best of my stay in St Louis. Wife and Kid back in Winston Salem, I have what is known to Indian Dads in America as Make-Hay-When-The-Sun-Shines days. While my wife makes all ends meet in Winston, I get to freak out like there was no tomorrow. I know it's a bad situation for her, but I plan to return this privelege some day.

Enrolled for the Blockbuster "Unlimited Rental" pass for $9.99; one DVD out at a time, instore. I checked out The Village, The Terminal, Troy, Man on Fire and Inspiracion (felt like this was Gautam Menon's inspiration for 'Minnale'); not a single disappointment so far.

Finally found the chance to rent a DVD at the Indian Grocery. Not many Tamil ones at Seema Enterprises, so I thought I'd pick Raincoat. I'm so impressed with Raincoat; I think I'll get the DVD. Not many Hindi movies push you so much these days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ensoy...!!! ;-)


--
Kumaraguro

tris said...

Raincoat - I am afraid I was not impressed despite the hype.

hemanth said...

C'mon Tilo, it was so good. I'm surprised you didn't like it.